This is the first piece of music I filmed during its creation (two cams). It is not too experimental and you may even find some melody in it.
You may want to watch the video on my Youtube cannel:
Remark:To avoid cookies on this website, videos are not embedded.
Track length: 25:12.
Here we go:
We have 8 „voices“ created on the A-100 plus some smooth polysynth done with the ImpOSCar2.
- Drone: We start with this one. It is done with the the A-134-4 Quad VCO/VCLFO, being modulated by the four LFOs of an A-134-3. Then we go into an A-137-1 Wave Multiplier I (modulated by an A-134-9) and an A-127 Resonance Filter. Finally, the result is sent through an A-199 Spring Reverb and an A-115 Divider.
- Drums: This is a composite sound, created by some other sonds used separately in this patch: a snare drum, a bass drum and a hihat. All three were mixed and sent either into a A-129 vocoder system (as a modulator – with the drone as carrier) or into two subsequent A-101-2 Lowpass Gates. Alternatively, two A-111-1 VCOs can be sent into the two LPGs. Crossfading in this sub-patch is done manually with an A-138e.
- Bassdrum: An A-118 (colored noise) is sent into an A-105 SSM filter. Before we put it into an A-132-3 VCA, there is an A-101-3 Phaser involved.
- Snare drum: Noise from an A-117 Digital Noise Generator is sent into an A-108 48dB VCF and an A-132-3 VCA. VCF and VCA are controlled by an A-143-1 Complex EG.
- Hihats: The „6 Osc“ out from an A-117 Digital Noise Generator is sent into an A-188-1 BBD (512 steps), into an A-106-6 Xpander filter and finally into an A-132-3 VCA.
- Low Sequence: Three A-110 VCOs are mixed and sent into an A-107 Morphing filter and an A-131 VCA.
- High Sequence: An A-111-5 Mini Synthesizer is sent into an A-137-2 Wave Multiplier II, an A-188-2 Tapped BBD, an A-102 EMS filter, an A-108 48dB filter and finally an A-132-2 VCA.
- Solo voice: Finally, there is a voice controlled directly from the keyboard. Three A-110 VCOs are mixed and sent into an A-188-1 BBD (256 stages), another A-188-1 BBD (4048 stages), an A-108 48dB filter and an A-131 VCA.
Here are some notes I made while preparing the improvisation (patch structure, input channels, trigger, some ideas for the performance):