This is the first piece of music I filmed during its creation (two cams). It is not too experimental and you may even find some melody in it.
Track length: 25:12.
Here we go:
We have 8 “voices” created on the A-100 plus some smooth polysynth done with the ImpOSCar2.
- Drone: We start with this one. It is done with the the A-134-4 Quad VCO/VCLFO, being modulated by the four LFOs of an A-134-3. Then we go into an A-137-1 Wave Multiplier I (modulated by an A-134-9) and an A-127 Resonance Filter. Finally, the result is sent through an A-199 Spring Reverb and an A-115 Divider.
- Drums: This is a composite sound, created by some other sonds used separately in this patch: a snare drum, a bass drum and a hihat. All three were mixed and sent either into a A-129 vocoder system (as a modulator – with the drone as carrier) or into two subsequent A-101-2 Lowpass Gates. Alternatively, two A-111-1 VCOs can be sent into the two LPGs. Crossfading in this sub-patch is done manually with an A-138e.
- Bassdrum: An A-118 (colored noise) is sent into an A-105 SSM filter. Before we put it into an A-132-3 VCA, there is an A-101-3 Phaser involved.
- Snare drum: Noise from an A-117 Digital Noise Generator is sent into an A-108 48dB VCF and an A-132-3 VCA. VCF and VCA are controlled by an A-143-1 Complex EG.
- Hihats: The “6 Osc” out from an A-117 Digital Noise Generator is sent into an A-188-1 BBD (512 steps), into an A-106-6 Xpander filter and finally into an A-132-3 VCA.
- Low Sequence: Three A-110 VCOs are mixed and sent into an A-107 Morphing filter and an A-131 VCA.
- High Sequence: An A-111-5 Mini Synthesizer is sent into an A-137-2 Wave Multiplier II, an A-188-2 Tapped BBD, an A-102 EMS filter, an A-108 48dB filter and finally an A-132-2 VCA.
- Solo voice: Finally, there is a voice controlled directly from the keyboard. Three A-110 VCOs are mixed and sent into an A-188-1 BBD (256 stages), another A-188-1 BBD (4048 stages), an A-108 48dB filter and an A-131 VCA.
Here are some notes I made while preparing the improvisation (patch structure, input channels, trigger, some ideas for the performance):